This is to inform all Final Year Students in Health Science Programmes, that teaching and learning activities which were halted in March due to the outbreak of COVID-19 will resume on Saturday 3rd October, 2020.
You are therefore requested to report on Saturday 3rd October 2020.
The affected students are those taking the following programmes:
- Master of Medicine: Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Master of Medicine: Pediatrics and Child Health
- Master of Public Health
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (Direct Entry)
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (Completion)
- Bachelor of Environmental Health Science
- Diploma in Anaesthesia
- Diploma in Health Services Management
You will be required to:
- Come with at least four (4) reusable (cloth) masks.
- Come with two (2) clinical coats and two (2) aprons,
- Come with two (2) uniforms for Nursing Science
- Come with four (4) 50mls bottles of alcohol-based hand sanitizers for personal use.
- Attend training on COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS).
Please take note that the following Standard Operating Procedures put in place by the Ministry of Health shall be followed:
- Mandatory wearing of a face mask at all times.
- Social/physical distancing.
- Washing of hands regularly and/or sanitizing hands.
The duration of the remaining Semester is 8 weeks (6 weeks for teaching and learning and 2 weeks for examinations).