Deputy Chief (Internal Audit)
The purpose of this office is to head the internal audit function and manage quality assurance in systems of internal financial controls, risk management, corporate governance and fiscal compliance. The holder is responsible to the Vice Chancellor and is equally responsible for the Deputy Director/ Internal Audit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Appraises the soundness and application of the accounting, functional, and operational systems of the University.
- Prepares and submits regular reports on the execution of the annual internal audit work plan.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of and contributes to the improvement of internal fiscal control systems and risk management processes of the University.
- Develops or reviews a quality assurance framework for efficiency and effectiveness in the administration of the programs and operations of the University.
- Prepares and submits monthly, quarterly and annual Internal Audit reports in accordance with the law.
- Provides technical guidance on Internal Audit and Audit Committee Charters.
- Oversees the examination of financial transactions in relation to the applicable laws and University fiscal policies, regulations and procedures.
- Supports management in the effective discharge of their fiscal responsibilities by furnishing them with analyses, recommendations, counsel and other relevant information.
- Sets performance targets, supervises and appraises staff in the Directorate.
- Is minute Secretary to the Audit and Risk Management Committee of Council.
Barigye BensonDeputy Chief (Internal Audit)
|MA. EPP (MAK); BSc. Economics (MAK)||View Profile|
Arinaitwe GloriaAssistant Internal Auditor
|BBA (KAB) UDBS. (MUBS). Kabale,||View Profile|
Bright LasiatiAssistant Internal Auditor
|MBA-Accounting (in progress) MUK @ Research level, Full CPA, Member of ICPAU, Second Upper BBA Accounting (MUST),||View Profile|