Office of the Vice Chancellor
Professor Joy Constance Kwesiga
The key purpose of this office is to provide academic and administrative leadership to the University for the effective management and efficient use of human and fiscal resources in compliance with the law, University Regulations and Strategic Plan. She is the Chief Executive Officer of the University. Section 31 of the University and Other Tertiary Institutions Act of 2001 as amended provides that the Vice Chancellor is responsible for the academic, administrative and financial affairs of the University and in the absence of a Chancellor presides at ceremonial assemblies of the University and confer degrees and other academic titles and distinctions of the University.
The Vice Chancellor is directly responsible to the University Council, through its Chairperson. As a leader of the Management Team of the University, the Vice Chancellor is responsible directly for the Deputy Vice Chancellor/ Academic Affairs, Deputy Vice Chancellor/ Finance and Administration, University Secretary, Academic Registrar, University Librarian, Dean of Students, Director/ Internal Audit and Religious Leaders – As provided in the Constitution. Indirectly, the Vice Chancellor is responsible for the University Bursar, Deans of Faculties or Schools and Directors of Institutes, Colleges or other academic bodies.
Duties & Responsibilities
Policy and Planning Formulation
- Spearheads and co-ordinates the development and review of policies, strategic plans and other interventions designed to achieve growth, academic and professional excellence in University programs.
Management and Fiscal Control
- As the Chief Executive of the University is responsible for maintaining efficiency, effectiveness and good governance of the University.
- Provides efficient leadership to the University through coordinating the effective implementation of strategic management plans and Council decisions.
- Directs and supervises the Senior Management Team responsible for the academic, financial and administrative functions of the University and monitors their performance in line with the prescribed performance
- Mobilizes both internal and external resources necessary for the implementation of the University policies, plans and programs.
- Oversees the acquisition and fair allocation of resource to various University academic bodies and administrative
Responsibility to Council
- Is a Member of the University Council and presents the University position and recommendations on various issues and challenges requiring Council intervention as prescribed by law.
- Causes to be prepared and submits specific reports to Council as instructed.
- Responsible to the Council for the general conduct and discipline of University staff and students.
Responsibility to Senate
- As Chairperson of the Senate, directs the implementation of Senate decisions.
- Represents the University externally in order to promote awareness and understanding of the University mission, objectives, policies and programs.
- Key spokesperson of the University on all matters.
Professor Joy Constance KwesigaVice Chancellor
|Ph.D. Higher Education (London), M.A Higher Education (London), PGD. PA (IPA), B.A. (UEA)||View Profile|
Nankunda Joy BimbonaSenior Administrative Officer/Personal Assistant to VC
|2014 Master in Management Studies (HRM)-UMI,2010-PGD-HRM-UMI,2007-Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences-KYU,1994-Diploma in Secondary Education-KYU||View Profile|
Ainembabazi FlorenceOffice Assistant
|CCA; O'level Cert.||View Profile|
Musoke Robinah SusanStenographer Secretary
|Dip. Gender & Dev't; Cert. Secretarial Studies||View Profile|