Sunday Samuel Dare
- Department of Anatomy
- Kabale University School of Medicine (KABSOM)
- 0757802099 | 0781673677
- M.Sc Human Anatomy; B.Sc. Human Anatomy; Cert. Digital Education Masterclass; Cert. Fundamental of Neuroscience; Cert. HIV Basics, M & E Frameworks HIV/AIDS Program; Cert. Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV; Cert. Proficiency in Management (Chartered)
- | Google Scholar | Academia | ORCID
Samuel Sunday Dare is an experienced lecturer of Human Anatomy with a demonstrated history of working in higher education institutions. He is skilled in lecturing and research in all areas of anatomy with research interest focused on Neuroanatomy/Neuroscience and Forensic anthropology. He has contributed enormously to training medical doctors and paramedical professionals as well as in the development/review of anatomy curriculum in the course of his teaching/research career.
He has engaged in several research projects, supervised and currently supervising several students’ research projects, some of which has been presented at international conferences across the globe and also published in peer-reviewed journals. As a result of his keen interest in neuroscience, he is currently involved in the investigation of certain medicinal plants and their isolated compounds in epileptic seizures and Alzheimer’s disease.
Samuel has engaged in the supervision of students’ Community-Based Education and Research (COBERS) and also participated in several pieces of training/workshops/conferences both national and international including the International Brain Research Organization (IBRO) training and workshops of which has earned him Canadian IBRO-USCRC (School of Neuroscience) and TReND Alumnus.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Human Anatomy (KIU).
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Human Anatomy, Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria.
- Certificate in Digital Education Master Class, Excellence in Africa Centre, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Certificate in Global Health (HIV Basics, M& E Frameworks, HIV/AIDS Program), John Hopkins Bloomberg, School of Public Health (Centre for Communication Programs).
- Certificate in Global Health (Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV), John Hopkins Bloomberg, School of Public Health (Centre for Communication Programs).
- Certificate of Proficiency in Management (Graduate), Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered).
- Biological/Forensic Anthropology
- Molecular Biology
- Determination of Cervical Cancer Screening Uptake among Females above Twenty (20) Years in Ishaka Town.
- Effect of Imperata Cylindrica on Some of the Neuropathology Features of Para bss Drosophila.
- Sida Shimperiana Aqueous Extract Activities on Pubic Symphysis and Interpubic Ligaments of Pregnant Mice.
- Activities Of Tamarindus Indica On Some Hematopathological Parameters Of Male Wistar Rats Following Phenylhydrazine – Induced Hemolytic Anaemia.
- Nutritional status of the Elderly in Ishaka municipality, Bushenyi district, in Western Uganda.
- Assessment of Self-medication Practices and its Associated Factors.
- Samuel S. Dare, Godfery Masilili, Kintu Mugagga, Peter E. Ekanem (2019). Evaluation of Bilateral Asymmetry in the Humerus of Human Skeletal Specimen. Oral Presentation at the 8th Interdisciplinary Forensic Summer School/Conference, Kigali Rwanda.
- Dare S.S., Berni J. (2017). Anti-seizure activity of Annona senegalensis on Genetic Epilepsy with Febrile Seizure Plus Model in Drosophila Melanogaster. Poster Presentation at the 11th Annual Meeting of Canadian Association for Neuroscience 2017.
- Dare, S.S., Berni, J. (2015). Characterization of the Medicinal Plant, Annona senegalensis as Anticonvulsant in Drosophila Melanogaster. Oral Poster Presentation at the 12th International Conference of The Society of Neuroscientists of Africa (SONA), Durban South Africa.
- Dare, S.S., Okpanachi, A.O., Mohammed, G.Y., Abba, S., Olusakin, J., and Abayomi A. (2012). Electrophysiological Responses of Photoreceptors on Grasshopper, Drosophila and Housefly Eyes. Book of Abstracts of the 4th International Neuroscience Conference of the Institute of Neuroscience and Biomedical Research (INBR 2012), Owerri, Nigeria.
- Abba, S., Okpanachi, A.O., Olusakin, J., Abayomi, A., Dare, S.S., and Mohammed, G.Y. (2012). Attraction Index of Male and Female Drosophila Melanogaster to Odorant. Book of Abstracts of the 4th International Neuroscience Conference of the Institute of Neuroscience and Biomedical Research (INBR 2012), Owerri, Nigeria.
- Regulation of Research and Policy Training, (MUREEP), Mbarara, Uganda 2019.
- 8th Interdisciplinary Forensic Summer School, Kigali Rwanda, 2019.
- 11th Canadian IBRO-USCRC School of Neuroscience & Annual Meeting of Canadian Association for Neuroscience, Montreal Canada 2017.
- 5th Annual Canadian Neurometabolic Club Meeting, Satellite of the Canadian Association for Neuroscience meeting Montreal Canada, 2017.
- IBROARC Writing Papers Workshop, Entebbe, Uganda 2017.
- Advanced Research Methodology Course for Doctoral Students, Uganda 2016.
- Information Access and Computer Applications in Research Uganda, 2016.
- Advanced Philosophy of Research Methods Uganda, 2016.
- Introduction to C.elegans as a model system Workshop Uganda, 2015.
- Quantitative Biology Course Uganda, 2015.
- 12th International Conference of The Society of Neuroscientists of Africa (SONA), Durban South-Africa 2015.
- Open Source Hardware and Software for Construction of Low-Cost Neuroscience Equipment Workshop, Durban South-Africa 2015.
- Apply Data Analysis with R Programme Course, Uganda 2014.
- Second IBRO School on Insect Neuroscience and Drosophila Neurogenetics Uganda, 2013.
- 11th International Conference of the Society of Neuroscientists of Africa (SONA), Rabat Morocco, 2013.
- 6th Teaching Tools and Neuroscience Workshop, Rabat Morocco, 2013.
- First IBRO School on Insect Neuroscience and Drosophila Neurogenetics, Uganda 2012.
- Introductory Course in Insect Neuroscience and Drosophila Neurogenetics, Uganda 2011.
- Peer Education Training Course under HIV/AIDS Prevention And Care Project, Nigeria 2007.