Geofrey Magimbi is the Senior Records Officer at Kabale University. He is the Head of the Records Management Unit at the University. The Records Management Unit at the University promotes efficient, economic and effective records and information management systems. Effective records management at University supports good decision making, accountability, transparency and good governance. Records are very important in the operations of the University because they document the functions, activities and transactions carried out and eventually form the institutional memory of the University. The Unit has competent staff with high moral integrity to manage all records of the University regardless of form or medium.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out day to day supervision of the records management activities;
- Providing protection and preservation solutions for records at the University;
- Review the records classification scheme of the University;
- Appraising the semi current records in the University;
- Sensitizing University Staff on the records management procedures, practices and standards;
- Conducting in-house training of Records Staff;
- Automation of the records management system at the University;
- Carrying out research in records management;
- Managing performance and development of staff;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Magimbi has seventeen (17) years experience in the field of Records and Information Management. Previously he worked as a Principal Records Officer in the Ministry of Public Service as Head of the Central Security Registry. He also worked as Senior Records Officer in the Current Records Section in the Department of Records and Information Management still in Ministry of Public Service.
He further worked as Senior Records Officer in the Public Service Commission, Heading the Central Security Registry. He also worked as an Assistant Librarian at Uganda Martyrs University, Nkozi.
- Master of Science in Information Science- Makerere University
- Bachelor of Library and Information science – Makerere University
- Certificate in Library and Information Studies -Makerere University