Dr. Paul Ssemaluulu
- Faculty of Computing, Library and Information Science
- Department of Computer Science & Information Technology
- Ph.D. Computer Modeling and Simulation (RUG-The Netherlands); Msc CS (Mak); BBA (Mak)
- | Google Scholar | ResearchGate | Semantic Scholar | Academia | ORCID
I am a scholar of information systems with several decades’ professional and technical experience. My current research interests include the assessment and effective development and deployment of information systems in developing countries. My doctoral dissertation identified issues that, if addressed, can help improve the design and operational success of IS projects in developing countries. Currently, I teach business information technology and decision sciences at Kabale University’s Faculty of Computing, Library, and Information Science.
My engineering and IT career spans more than 35 years and work on projects including installation of microwave systems for Entebbe airport in Kampala, setting up LANs and installing intelligent terminals (and later PCs) at the airport for several international airlines, setting up the first fiber-optic network for greater Kampala with an international team of engineers from Fujitsu (Japan); planning the first Entebbe-Kampala fiber-optic network; installation, testing and commissioning of the new NEAX digital switch; added hardware and networking capacity to enhance computer teaching at Makerere University Business School; and implemented the Makerere Campus Wide Area Networking Project connecting Makerere University to Kabanyolo University, Makerere University Business School, and Mulago Hospital Pathology Department.
Most recently I have been working as the technical support member for the TSEED SIDA Project at Makerere University. At the same time, I have been supervising one student on a Ph.D. in the area of Spatial Modeling for Nodding Syndrome in Northern Uganda.
I look forward to contributing my expertise and perspectives to any area in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT work, and teaching.Download CV
Ph.D. Computer Modeling and Simulation (RUG-The Netherlands); Msc CS (Mak);
Computer Modeling and Simulation; SMEs; Telemedicine; Health Informatics; Maternal Health; Information Systems Success; Management Flight Simulators.
- LIST OF SUPERVISION
- NO.2005/HD18/0022U-Mary Komunte 2005-2007. Graduated 2007. A Trust Model for Building Confidence in Business-to-Consumer Electronic Commerce Transactions-Makerere University.
- Nsibirwa Nsubuga Sarah 2004-2007. Graduated 2007. Modeling Factors that Affect the Water Levels in Lake Victoria. Makerere University.
- NO. 2005/HD18/605U– Wegulo Swaliki Byakatonda 2005-2008. Graduated 2008. A Framework for Securing Electronic Data in Institutions of Higher Learning. Makerere University.
- NO. 2005/HD18/619U-Nakiyemba Safina Wabuna 2005-2008. Graduated 2008. Optimising IT Potential: A Data Mart for the Credit Department of Postbank Uganda Limited. Makerere University.
- NO. 2005/HD18/675U-Jumba Abdu Karim 2005-2008. Graduated 2008. A Web Based Tool for Telemetering and Billing in High Voltage Power Utilities. Makerere University.
- NO.2008-M132-20009 –Semakula Paul 2008-2010. Graduated 2010. A Que Banking Manager for Performance Efficiency in Banking Halls.UMU
- NO. 2009 – M132 – 20019 Semwezi Andrew 2009-2011. Graduated 2011. An Online Human Resource and Students’ Information System for Higher Learning Institutions.UMU
- NO. 2009/HD18/16262U-Vivian Ddambya 2009-2013. Graduated January 2014. Decision Enhancement Studio to Manage Bandwidth allocation for Shared Network Services Among Government Entities in Uganda. Makerere University.
- NO. 2009/HD18/16342U-Baker Namulindwa 2009-2015. Graduated 2016. A Model of Information and Communication Technology Adoption in Agriculture Development. Makerere University.
- NO.2008/HD18/13234U–Olupot Charles 2008-2015. Graduated 2016. An Adoption Framework for Electronic Customer Relationship Management in Developing Countries. Makerere University.
- NO. 2013/HD05/416U-Buwule, Rita Margret. 2012-2015. Graduated 2016. An enhanced customer self-services system for UMEME limited. Makerere University.
- NO.2005/HD18/0052U-Sarah Rubanga 2005-2015. Graduated 2016. The use of Agro – Mobile Based Information Systems To The Development Of Agriculture In Rural Communities Of Uganda Makerere University.
- NO. 2010/HD18/1260U-Muzzha Zedekiah 2010-2016. Graduated February 2017. Improving Provision of Monitoring Government Service Delivery in Local Councils: A Case of Kungu Local Council Community, Wakiso District Makerere University.
- NO. 2011/HD05/4503U-Rubaganza Robert (PGD) 2011-2016. Graduated February 2017. A Mobile Responsive Students Loan Information Management System Makerere University.
- NO. 2011/HD05/4756U-Naigaga Edith 2011-2016. Graduated February 2017. A Web-based Project Management System for a Multi-Project Environment. Makerere University.
- NO. 2013/HD05/443U-Wanambwa Joseph 2013-2016. Graduated February 2017. Employee Job Description and Performance Tracking System: A Case Study of CoCIS, Makerere University.
- NO. 2011/HD05/4305U-Kafuko Brenda 2011-2016. Graduated February 2017. An Information System for Monitoring Livestock Production to Help Mitigate Climate Change Effects. Makerere University.
- NO. 2011/HD05/4485U-Arizio Josephine (PGD) 2011-2016. Graduated February 2017. Evaluating e-procurement implementation in Uganda. Makerere University.
- NO. 2011/HD05/4483U-Mwesige David .2011-2016. Graduated February 2017. A System Dynamics Model for Drug Inventory Management. Makerere University.
- NO. 2008/HD18/13137U- Abongomera Stella 2008-2016. Graduated February 2017. A Secure Patient Records Management System. Makerere University.
- 2015-M132-20017 NATURINDA Pross (Msc IS). Graduated 2019 Strengtening Midwifery Care Through Mhealth Technology to Achieve Maternal and Child Health in Uganda-UMU
- 2016-M141-20008 MAKUNE Hilda Eve (Msc IS). Graduated 2019 A Frame Work for ICT Utilisation in Teaching in Secondary Schools. A Case Study: Makindye Division in Kampala- UMU
- 2016-M142-20009 MAYANJA Julius Herman (Msc IS). Graduated 2020. IT OPERATIONAL FITNESS FOR AGILE ALIGNMENT IN A DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT. CASE STUDY: AFRICELL UGANDA.-UMU
- 2016-M142-20016 NTALE Jonathan (Msc IS). Graduated 2020. EVALUATING AN ADOPTION MODEL FOR MEASURING IMPLEMENTATION SUCCESS OF ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS SYSTEMS FOR PUBLIC HEALTH FACILITIES IN UGANDA-UMU
- 2015-M132-20018 NUSSU James. Graduated 2020. FRAMEWORK TO IMPROVE PARTICIPATION IN ELECTIONS THROUGH MOBILE TECHNOLOGY. CASE STUDY: UGANDA ELECTORAL COMMISSION-UMU
- 2017-M142-20010 CHERUKUT Herbert . Graduated 2020. TOWARDS? ?AN? ?IMPROVED? ?FRAMEWORK? ?FOR? ?SYSTEMS? ?SECURITY? ?IN? ?ELECTRONIC? ?SUPPLY? ?CHAIN? -UMU
- 2012-M132-2013 NAKIYAGA Michelle Doreen. Graduated 2019. ?IMPROVING TB TREATMENT, A DATA MART FOR NRRL. A CASE STUDY OF TUBERCULOSIS REFERENCE LABORATORY WANDEGEYA-UMU
- 2010-M132-20006 NANYONJO Faith. Graduated 2019. OPTIMIZING DATA INTEGRATION: A DATA MART FOR THE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT-HRM SECTION OF KAMPALA CAPITAL CITY AUTHORITY.-UMU
- 2011-M142-20013 NAKYEJWE Shirley Gladys. Graduated 2018. THE IMPACT OF ICTS IN SMES-UMU
- 2011-M142-20018 TWESIGYE Benjamin. Graduated 2018. THE USE OF MOBILE PHONES FOR REAL TIME WEATHER FORECAST TO RURAL FARMERS-UMU
- 2011-M142-20024 MWESIGE Ibrahim. Graduated 2018. THE IMPACT OF UNDERSEA FIBER CABLE ON BROADBAND INTERNET USAGE IN UGANDA-UMU
- 2008-03-MScIS-PT-001 ATUHAIRE Marion Bangirana. Graduated 2010. UNIVERSITY EXAMINATION RESULTS MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM. CASE STUDY: BISHOP STUART UNIVERSITY-UMU
- Mubaraka Mike Conrad. 2013-2016 (PhD-KIU). Graduated October 2016. Effective Use of Results Management Information Systems in Universities in Uganda. KIU
- Ssegawa E. James. 2015-2020 (PhD KIU). Graduated October 2020. . Development and Validation of a Model for Tracking Administration of Malaria Drugs in Uganda