Welcome to the ISACA student group of Kabale University (ISGKAB). ISACA stands for Information Systems Audit and Control Association. ISGKAB is recognized by ISACA, affiliated to ISACA Kampala Chapter, and encourages continuing education as well as personal and professional development beyond what students are learning in the classroom.
ISACA Student Groups (ISGs) enable students to develop professional networks while still in school, get mentoring on career paths from experienced practitioners and contact industry leaders with job opportunities post-graduation.
As an independent, nonprofit, global association, ISACA engages in the development, adoption and use of globally accepted, industry-leading knowledge and practices for information systems. Previously known as the Information Systems Audit and Control Association, ISACA now goes by its acronym only, to reflect the broad range of IT governance professionals it serves. For more information, Click here
The ISGKAB is a student group, the purpose of which is to expand recognition of the IT Audit and Assurance, Security and IT Governance disciplines, by extending education beyond the classroom on standards, practices and certification through student empowerment. ISG was initiated by a group of coordinated students under the guidance of Mr. Nkamwesiga Nicholas, CISA. The group is affiliated to ISACA International and ISACA Kampala Chapter.
Academic Advocate :
Mr. Nkamwesiga Nicholas, CISA.
Past ISGKAB Executive Members are :
… (Not available) …
Current ISGKAB Executive Members are:
|President||Mr. Benson Sibobugingo|
|Vice-President||Ms. Nalwadda Hajjarah|
|Speaker||Ms. Abakwase Bonitah|
|Vice Speaker||Mr. Ssebabi Sam|
|Secretary||Mr. Mugarurebye Shawn|
|Vice secretary||Mr. Abitegeka Jinno Jackson|
|Treasurer||Mr. Bwimaana Basile|
|Vice treasurer||Mr. Opolot Martin Gideon|
|External Ambassador||Mr. Stuart Ayesiga|
|Mobilizers||Mr. Mbabazi Richman and Mr. Kakooza Azizi|
|Publicity secretary||Mr. Twinobusingye Davis|
|Committee members||Mr. Guma Ben Andrew and Ms. Limo. L.Chemtai|
|Presidential Advisor||Mr. Niyonzima Phillip and Aryanyijuka Alex|
|Director for Research and Mobilization||Mr. Aryanyijuka Alex|
|She Leads Group||Ms. Asingwiire Christine (Chairperson), Ms. Charity Ninsiima and Ms. Dorothy|
The objectives of ISGKAB are the same as those listed in the Professional Chapter and the Association’s by-laws and they are:
- To promote the education of and help expand the knowledge and skills of members in the interrelated fields of IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance.
- To encourage a free exchange of IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members.
- To promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance that can be beneficial to them and their employers.
- To communicate to management, auditors, universities and to IS professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure proper IT governance and the effective organization and utilization of IT resources.
- To promote the Association’s Professional certifications and IT governance
- In ISGKAB, we aim at connecting exceptional people with exceptional knowledge to provide our members with a robust offering of benefits.
- ISGKAB positions students to succeed and thrive in their career.
- ISGKAB is a resource for enhancing student members skills, expanding professional connections and experiencing vibrant local and global community of professional colleagues.
The ISGKAB is a group of Kabale University students and was formed in accordance with the University rules, procedures and policies.
ISACA Kampala Chapter
ISACA Kampala Chapter is a local/national ISACA Chapter in Uganda. They chapter sponsors local educational seminars and workshops.
They promote and elevate the visibility of the IS audit, control and security profession throughout the Kampala and surrounding areas. ISGKAB utilizes the industrial expertise of ISACA Kampala Chapter members in the attempt to realize the objectives of the group.
ISACA is a nonprofit, independent association that advocates for professionals involved in information security, assurance, risk management and governance.
The offers globally accepted research, certifications and community collaboration which result in greater trust in and value from information systems.
- Membership in the ISGKAB requires that the individual be a student at Kabale University, that is, to be enrolled in at least one of the University programs
- Open to all undergraduate or graduate university students with a general interest in the Information Technology (IT)/Information Systems (IS) Audit and Assurance, Information Security and IT Governance disciplines
- Comply with Kabale University policies
A number of Universities across the globe have gained official recognition for their ISACA Student Groups. Click here to view a list of recognized student groups all over the world:
ISACA administers following certifications, which provide globally recognized certification for IT Audit, Security, Governance and Risk professionals.
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA):
The CISA certification is known worldwide as the recognized achievement for those who control, monitor and assess an organization’s information technology and business systems.
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM):
The management-focused CISM is a unique certification for individuals who design, build and manage enterprise information security programs. CISM is the leading credential for information security managers.
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT):
CGEIT recognizes a wide range of professionals for their knowledge and application of enterprise IT governance principles and practices.
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC):
CRISC (pronounced “see-risk”) is designed for IT professionals who have hands-on experience with risk identification, assessment and evaluation; risk response; risk monitoring; IS control design and implementation; and IS control monitoring and maintenance.
Cybersecurity Nexus – CSX Certificates and CSX-P Certification:
The CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner (CSX-P) certification remains the first and only comprehensive performance certification that is a testament to your real-life skills and experience, and proclaims that your commitment, tenacity, and abilities exceed expectations.