ICT Service Unit
Ag. Assistant Director
The purpose of this office is to manage and provide ICT technical and support services to all academic and administrative units across the University. The office is headed by the Assistant Director, who is responsible to the University Secretary and the Deputy Vice Chancellor-Academic affairs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To guide the provision for effective ICT support services to the academic, research, outreach and administrative functions of the University.
- To promote effective and appropriate utilization of ICT resources.
- Contribute to the sustainability of the ICT Directorate in order to enable effective execution of its mandate.
- To promote an environmentally friendly approach to the acquisition, use and disposal of ICT resources/assets.
- Coordinate and lead resource mobilization for counterpart funding for the implementation of ICT Strategic plan.
- To specify, verify, and vet ICT standards, procedures and best practices for all University ICT deployments and operations.
- Takes lead in the overall ownership of the professional and technical mandate of all ICT design and developments, management and maintenance.
- Operationalise and guide the ICT policy implementation across the University
- Sets performance targets, supervises and appraises staff in the Directorate.
- Serves as the minute Secretary to the ICT and Library Committee of Senate.
Mr. Murangira Jones is the Acting. Assistant Director ICT Technical Services of Kabale University. He possesses over 10 years of diverse professional experience in ICT technical areas in management, training and project implementations.
Jones holds an MSC in Computer Science and a BSC degree from Makerere. He is also certified in MCSE,MCSA, MCP,CCNA, and HCIA.
Apart from ICT technical work, Jones has taught, examined and provided leadership and guidance roles in the Faculty of Computing, library and Information Science.
Murangira JonesSenior Systems Administrator
|MSc. CS; BSc.; MCSE; MCSA; MCP,CCNA; HCIA||View Profile|
Nkamwesiga NicholasSenior End User Support Officer
|MSc. EE(TE); BSc. COMPEng.; CISA®; CISM®;HCIA®; CCNA®; ITIL®||View Profile|
Tumusiime RobertSenior E-Learning Officer
|MIT; BCS; ICDL; CCNA||View Profile|
Ampaire Ray BrooksSystems Administrator
|MSc. CS ( Cand); B.CS; Cert. Systems Admin.; CNNA||View Profile|
Barigye LeodnasSystems Administrator
|MSc. IS (Candidate); BIT; Dip. IT; MCSE; MCSA; MCP; CCNA||View Profile|
Nowamani CollinsWeb Systems Administrator
|MSc. IS (Cand); BCS||View Profile|
Katusiime EmmanuelSystems Administrator
|BIT; Cert. in Hardware and Maintenance; CCNA; Cert. Java Programming||View Profile|
Phone Contacts: +256782733865