Directorate of ICT Services (DICTS)
Deputy Chief (ICT Service Unit)
The Directorate of ICT Services (DICTS) is at the forefront of harnessing the power of information and communication technologies to enhance the quality of service delivery at Kabale University. With a dedicated team of professionals, we strive to provide cutting-edge technology solutions and support to facilitate teaching, learning, research, and administrative functions.
Our mission is to empower Kabale University with innovative ICT solutions that optimize efficiency, accessibility, and security while ensuring a seamless digital experience for our community.
Services We Offer:
- Network Infrastructure: We maintain a robust and reliable network infrastructure to ensure uninterrupted connectivity throughout the campus.
- E-Learning Support: DICTS facilitates e-learning by providing access to online courses, learning management systems, and technical support for both students and faculty.
- Technical Support: Our dedicated helpdesk provides technical support to both students and staff. The support covers working on issues related to hardware, software, network, and systems management.
- Cybersecurity: We prioritize the protection of our institution’s digital assets through robust cybersecurity measures, awareness programs, and incident response.
- Software and Applications: DICTS offers access to a wide range of software and applications essential for research, education, and administrative purposes.
- Data Center Services: We maintain a secure and efficient data center to ensure the availability and reliability of critical institutional data and services.
Research and Innovation:
We form partnerships with internal (academic units) and external collaborators to develop innovative ICT-based solutions to address societal concerns as part of our efforts to promote research and innovation within our institution and beyond.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions, concerns, or requests. You can reach our support team through the provided contact information on our website.
Thank you for visiting the Directorate of ICT Services (DICTS) website, and we look forward to serving you in your technological needs.
Empowering Excellence through Technology.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To guide the provision for effective ICT support services to the academic, research, outreach and administrative functions of the University.
- To promote effective and appropriate utilization of ICT resources.
- Contribute to the sustainability of the ICT Directorate in order to enable effective execution of its mandate.
- To promote an environmentally friendly approach to the acquisition, use and disposal of ICT resources/assets.
- Coordinate and lead resource mobilization for counterpart funding for the implementation of ICT Strategic plan.
- To specify, verify, and vet ICT standards, procedures and best practices for all University ICT deployments and operations.
- Takes lead in the overall ownership of the professional and technical mandate of all ICT design and developments, management and maintenance.
- Operationalise and guide the ICT policy implementation across the University
- Sets performance targets, supervises and appraises staff in the Directorate.
- Serves as the minute Secretary to the ICT and Library Committee of Senate.
Murangira JonesDeputy Chief (ICT Service Unit)
|MSc. CS; BSc.; MCSE; MCSA; MCP,CCNA: HCAI; HCIA® -Datacom||View Profile|
Nkamwesiga NicholasSenior End User Support Officer
|MSc. EE(TE); BSc. COMPEng.; CISA®; CISM®; CC®; ITIL®; CNSS||View Profile|
Tumusiime RobertSenior E-Learning Officer
|MIT; BCS; ICDL; CCNA||View Profile|
Simon OnongeSenior Systems Administrator/Cyber Security
|MScIT (Amity), MBA (Amity), BScCS (Mak), Linux+, CEH, CISA, CCAI, CCNA, HCIA Security||View Profile|
Isaac TweteraneSenior Systems Administrator
|MIT; B.CompEng; ITIL; ISO/IEC 27001 (ISMS); MCSA||View Profile|
Collins NowamaniWeb Systems Administrator
|MSc. IS (Cand); BCS; HCAI; HCIA® -Datacom||View Profile|
Ampaire Ray BrooksSystems Administrator
|MSc. CS; B.CS; MCSE; MCSA; MCP.; CCNA||View Profile|
Barigye LeodnasSystems Administrator
|MSc. IS (Candidate); BIT; Dip. IT; MCSE; MCSA; MCP; CCNA||View Profile|
Michael MutebiE-Learning Officer
|Bsc. Computer Science (MAK)||View Profile|
Collins NuwagabaElearning Officer (Studio Production & Multimedia)
|MSc. CS (UTAMU); BSc. CompEng (UTAMU); ICDL; MOS (Microsoft)||View Profile|
Vicent MabiriziInstruction Design Officer
|PhD. Comp(Candidate), MSc. HIT(MUST); BIT(MUST); CCNA; Instructional Design for Active Learning(Alison)||View Profile|
Ahimbisibwe DeusAssistant ICT Officer
|2022- Master of Information Technology (Candidate) -KAB 2018-Bachelor of Information Technology-KAB 2016-Diploma in Information Technology-BSU||View Profile|
Phone Contacts: +256782733865