Estates and Works
Eng. Ngirabakunzi Emmanuel
Kabale University has departments categorized into two: Academic and Administration. Estates Department is one of the Administrative Departments of the University. It is a department responsible for infrastructure development of the University and covers buildings, carpentry, water, roads, mechanical and electrical works.
The Department’s mission is to ensure provision of adequate physical infrastructure that matches University standards while assuring conducive academic, working and research environment to both students, lecturers and other University employees.
The Department’s vision is to be “a dependable department with professional staff to handle all University’s infrastructural requirements while ensuring efficiency and cost-effectiveness”.
During its 4 years of existence as a Public University, the University through its technical department has achieved the following:
- Developing of a 50-Year University Master planning running from 2019 to 2069;
- Completed a 2-storeyed General Lecture Halls’ building;
- Constructed 2 No. Water-borne toilets as a way of improving the University’s sanitation;
- Increased the University’s office space for both teaching and non-teaching staff;
- Renovated a number of structures (Hostels and Lecture rooms);
- Procured 3 (three) brandy new vehicles to ease both management’s and academic staff’s movements while executing the University’s mandate;
- Currently, supervising works on the Science Lecture Halls whose 1st suspended concrete slab is completed. This is in a bid to reduce the pressure on study space.
Duties & Responsibilities
The department is mandated to ensure:
- Maintenance of all University’s infrastructure and vehicles;
- Execution of minor civil, mechanical and electrical works either by Force Account or contracting;
- Development and supervision of capital projects and services;
- Safe custody of the University’s assets;
- Provision of technical guidance to the University’s Council and other departments;
- Planning for infrastructural projects for short, medium and long terms.
Eng. Ngirabakunzi EmmanuelEstates Officer
|BEng. Build. & Civil Eng.; BSc. Eng.||View Profile|
Muhangi Edgar MwebembeziAssistant Estates Officer
|MSc. Civil Eng(Cand.); B.Eng Civ. Eng.; Dip Civ. & Build. Eng.||View Profile|
|UACE; UCE; Valid Driving Licence||View Profile|
|Valid driving permit with classes: DL, CH, CM & B; A learning Program in Operate a Rigid Light Vehicle; UCE||View Profile|
|Valid Driving Licence Classes B,CM.DL & DM; UCE||View Profile|
Atusasire ErasmasOffice Assistant
Mubangizi CharlesTechnician (Electrical)
|Dip. EE; Cert. Electrical Installation||View Profile|
Arinaitwe Joram BafakiPlumber
|Adva. Cert. Plum. & Pipe Fitting; Craft 1 Certificate in Plumbing; Cert. SESWSI||View Profile|