Communication and Branding Office
Sempungu Joseph Godfrey
Senior Communication and Branding Officer
The Communications and Branding Unit is responsible for managing the University’s reputation through media relations, brand management, outreach, strategic marketing, digital communications, community, public relations, and Supporting the University management in achieving the aims and objectives outlined within the University Strategy. Branding and brand positioning development and the production of toolkits required for its implementation across the University and beyond is one of the key roles of the unit. As such the mandate of the Communications and Branding Unit extends into the external and internal publics of the university. Maintaining a healthy relationship between the University and its stakeholders is a vital role that the communication and branding office plays directly or indirectly.
The Communication and Branding Office is responsible for:
- Supporting the University management in achieving the aims and objectives outlined within the University Strategic plan
- University branding, brand asset management and brand positioning development and the production of toolkits required for its implementation across the university and in the external publics.
- Institutional Reputation Management including handling crisis communications
- Development of corporate-level internal communication and supporting the Academic registrar’s office in student recruitment campaigns
- Managing the University’s owned communications and marketing channels such as the website, corporate social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn) and the University’s Alumni database
- Initiating and conducting Market intelligence gathering and research in contemporary market education strategies
- Management of the University Communications, branding, Design and Print Framework
- Instilling and communicating good marketing and communications practices across the University.
- To provide toolkits including templates, guidance notes and policies to empower staff to work with us and to maximise, and coordinate, communications and marketing across the University.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promoting the image of the University on various media platforms
- Overseeing the development and production of material about University academic programs and activities for the print media and public broadcasting
- Marketing the academic programs
- Coordinating publicity arrangements and preparations for University functions
- Providing feedback to Management on public perceptions about the University
- Responding to public complaints or concerns about the University activities in accordance with the University communication strategy
- Preparing and implementing the Communication plans and programs that meet and promote the image of the University
- Making arrangements for and maintaining positive media relations
- Facilitating the effective flow and dissemination of information within the University
- Guiding the public and clients on University products and how, where and when to obtain University services
- Preparing materials and advertising all the University programs in the mass media
Phone Contacts: +256755942603