Tukamushaba Amos (MAPAM-Makerere) is the Dean of students. He has a Master’s Degree in Public Administration and Management from Makerere University, a Bachelor of Arts from the same University and A Diploma in Hotel and Institutional Catering. Before joining Kabale, he served as a Principal Warden of Lumumba Hall at Makerere University. Between 2014-2018, he served as a warden of Mitchel Hall and University Hall at Makerere. From 2011-2014, he was the warden of Livingstone hall still at Makerere University. From 2001-2011, he served as a domestic bursar of Livingstone Hall at Makerere University.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advises the Vice Chancellor and other University Deputy Directors on matters relating to student welfare and discipline.
- Directs the supervision and control of the Halls of Residence and all matters related to the accommodation and feeding of both resident and non-resident students.
- Develops appropriate strategies and relevant mechanisms for mitigating and managing student conflicts and strikes.
- Directs matters related to the operations of the Students Guild, coordinating, accrediting and guiding the activities of other student associations in line with policies and regulations of the University.
- Manages the student information services in line with the University’s communication strategy.
- Liaises with University Deputy Directors for the delivery of welfare services to students including health and sanitation.
- Coordinates student leadership and career development events.
- Directs the organisation and management of student sports, games and recreational activities in line with the university budgets.
- Provides administrative secretariat support services to committees managing student affairs.
- Accredits and advises on student accommodation outside the University campus and mediates between facility owners and students for provision of affordable and acceptable services.
- Sets performance targets, supervises and appraises staff of the Office.
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration and Management, Makerere University
- Bachelor of Arts, Makerere University
- Diploma in Hotel and Institutional Catering, Makerere University Business School