Godfrey is distinguished as a ‘Marketing Warrior’ by the Uganda Marketers Society (UMS), the professional body for marketers. He also is a Certified Mass Communication Professional (CMCP#23061801). He is a disruptive marketing strategist with a specialization in marketing communication. He is an expert in digital and novel communications. Throughout his career, he has worked in a variety of multicultural environments, both in Africa and Europe. Currently, he is serving as the Communication Consultant for the SEBU project administered by Kabale University, funded by the JRS Biodiversity Foundation. He was the team leader of the UCU team project, that won the consortium Erasmus + Capacity Building in Higher Education (CBHE) DALILA project (2000-2023) funded by the European Commission. He also led the Kabale University team that won another consortium project NISHATI that will be funded by European Commission under CBHE. In addition, he was the KAB coordinator for the European Union-funded SPEAK-UP Jean Monnet project (2021-2024). In both Europe and Uganda, Godfrey has received awards for outstanding professional performance.
He was the founding Associate Dean of the School of Business and the inaugural Coordinator of the MBA Program at UCU. His research interests are in complexity sciences, digital marketing, economics, renewable energy, and sustainable business practices. He is the principal consultant for Yosef Consults and the proprietor of Ekurukuru Sanctuary. Since 2002, he has served on several management committees, chaired boards, and taught at several universities in Uganda. In addition to training and developing several university curricula, he has supervised hundreds of undergraduate research projects and approximately 20 graduate students to completion. His expertise includes marketing, communication, curriculum design, integration, teaching, teaching media, and delivery.
Ph.D. (Cand), Doing Business in Europe: DBE (Marketing) (2017)(Hanze University of Applied Sciences – Groningen-Netherlands), Master of Philosophy (Education)MPhil. (NLA University College -Bergen-Norway) (2011), Master of Business Administration – MBA (Marketing) Makerere University Kampala (2008), Bachelor of Arts – B.A (2002)(UCU), Concurrent Diploma in Education (Economics & Geography) (2002) UCU, ICDL- 2004, DELF A1 (French Ministry of Education)
Complexity Sciences, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Marketing Communication (|SEO, SMM, Analytics, Content Marketing)
- Moses Lutwama:Impact of Job Design on Employee Satisfaction in Small Medium Enterprises (2009) MBA -completed
- Mukasa Elizabeth: An investigation into determinants of limited performance of MFI (2009)- MBA Completed
- Sr. Nabatanzi M Immaculate: The contribution of internal control systems to the success of selected Catholic founded projects in Kampala arch-diocese (2009)- MBA – completed
- Omach Doe Olore: The impact of budgetary control on financial performance in the public sector -2013 MBA – Completed
- Bwambale Robert: The Impact of leadership styles on the performance of human resource in local government institutions; a case of Kasese DLG (2013) MBA – Completed
- Drajeru Henry: The effect of food security on house hold income – 2013 MBA – Completed
- Bukirwa Grace: Challenges of customer handling procedures and their impact on customer satisfaction in the banking industry; a case of Post bank (2015) MBA – Completed
- Namagera Victoria: contribution of workplace diversity on organisational performance (2015) MBA – Completed
- Nakakande Jane: The effect of social network usage on employee performance in
Uganda (2015) MBA – Completed
- Nakibuuka Sandra: the effect of employee development on staff productivity in commercial banks (2015) MBA – Completed
- Tusiime John Bagambi: Effect of corporate social responsibility on profitability and the environment in the financial services industry (2015) MBA – Completed
- Georgina Nakubulwa: The influence of customer relationship management initiatives on customer loyalty (2015) MBA – Completed
- Gloria Ashaba: Promotional based systems and motivation in Uganda Police Force (2017) MBA – Completed
- Patrick Tusiime: Social media advertisement: an empirical examination of
facebooks influence on consumer purchase decision of telecom products in Uganda (2017) MBA – Completed
- Gerald Twesiime: Claims settlement and sale of insurance products in Uganda (2017) MBA – Completed
- Wasswa Kiberu: E-commerce adoption and SME performance in Uganda (2019) MBA – Completed
- Fortunate Oshemeire: online advertising and consumers’ attitudes: a study of UCU (2017) MBA – Completed
- Yvonne Kembabazi: The adoption of SNT’s in Business Networking; a focus on
Facebook in selected SME’s of Mukono municipality (2019). MBA – Completed
- John Khauka: Promotional Communications and Students decision to join private universities; a case study of Kumi University. Submitted for examination for MA Strategic Communication
- Trust Niwarinda: Social Media and Branding engagement; an assessment of Facebook usage on brand loyalty in selected insurance companies in Uganda. Submitted for examination for MA in Strategic Communication
- Participated in the Training of Trainers of DALILA project with a focus on Renewable Technologies, Green Business, gender & Environment, and Circular Economy. Universidad de Cádiz, Spain (1st -3rd February 2023)
- Attended a Training workshop on the role of Media in National Security and Socio-Economic Transformation (24th – 25th April). Organised by the Office of the President and the Ministry of ICT and national Guidance.
Godfrey is a Marketing, Communication expert, Education, and Business Management practitioner, training specialist, lecturer, and Emeritus Associate Dean of the School of Business. He has served in several key strategic and top, middle, and operational management positions. His area of expertise is in complexity sciences and disruptive strategy, Marketing, economics, and the designer of customised management training programs. Godfrey Chaired the UCU’s communications and Marketing committee for several years, Chair School collaborations committee, Postgraduate programs committee, He has also been the chair of the university eLearning committee, Lead Member, Mukono diocese Professionals steering committee, etc, Board chair Nezikookolima Junior school, Chair of the Nezikookolima investments club, He is the lead consultant for Yosef consults, Founder of the Ekurukuru Sanctuary, UCU Manager, for the European Commission-funded DALILA project on sustainable business and renewable energy – Total Grant total worth 999.937,00, member of the UCU-Business incubation Hanze foundation grant-winning team,
He started the MBA programme at UCU and the Kampala and Main Campus in 2015, and as Chair of the Faculty Postgraduate committee led to the development of several graduate programmes. As Chair of the UCU Communication and Marketing committee, he guided policy and strategy. He led to the crafting of UCU’s first communication and Marketing Strategy and Policy and revision of the same. He led the streamlining of the communication and marketing office and its transition from a singular PRO function.
Notable consultancies that he did in change management and Team building: Habitat for Humanity International(2017), Uganda Christian University senior staff- (2018 and 2019) Makerere University retirement benefits scheme- (2020, 2021, 2022), Compassion international under their small scale business owners (Seeta CDC)-(2020), Mbuya parents staff school staff change management (2020), Uganda Christian University Mbale University college (2019)
Godfrey has done research in management and mentored several student research work and projects on digital marketing and marketing communication, Green marketing, entrepreneurship innovation, marketing, and complexity sciences. He has designed a new university curriculum for diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programs for several universities in Uganda. He has also reviewed new curricula for universities. And taught at undergraduate and postgraduate university levels for the past 19 years in Uganda.