PhD in German literature; studies in French and English language literature, with special reference to African authors; research in several language and literature related areas including translation, onomastics, paroemiology, folktales. Mother tongue (Rukiga/Runyankore, inter alia) literature development and teaching and development of the languages.
- B.A., Dip. Ed. (Makerere University);
- Deutschlehrerdiplom (Goethe Institute, Munich, Germany)
- Grosses Deutsches Sprachdiplom (Goethe Institute, Munich, Germany, and Julius Maximillians University, Munich, Germany)
- Dr. phil. (University of Bayreuth, Germany)
- Faux amis (linguistic “false friends”) across Runyakitara and the neighbouring languages.
- Translation from and into English, French, German, and Runyankore/Rukiga
- Onomastics (study of names and naming)
- Lexicology and lexicography (study and creation of vocabularies and dictionaries)
- Development of mother tongue literature in all genres (poetry, prose and pedagogy, including via drama)
- Hymnology (study and creation of hymns, especially Christian)
- Paroemiology (study of proverbs)
- Public Lecture on 6/2/2019 on the topic “Language as an aspect of cultural heritage”.