A lecturer of Foundations of Education and Head of Department foundations of Education at Kabale University, Uganda with wide experience in teaching and educational administration at secondary school and Higher Education Institutions in Rwanda and Uganda. He holds a Diploma from Institute of Teacher Education Kyambogo in Uganda, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Education and Educational Management respectively from Makerere University, Uganda and holds a Doctorate of Educational Leadership and Management from the University of South Africa (UNISA).He has developed great passion for quality assurance and educational leadership and management in higher education and has attended several conferences in quality assurance and management of higher education in many countries. He has published much work in Quality Assurance and Leadership and Management of Higher Education in journal articles and contributed book chapters.Download CV
PhD Educ, UNSA
M.Educ Mgt. (Mak)
- Educational Leadership, Administration and Management
- Quality Assurance
- Academic Debate
RESEARCH WORK AND INTERNSHIP SUPERVISED
• More than 30 research reports supervised for Diploma in Education awards of Kigali
Institute of Education
• Over 80 students supervised in teaching internship in Rwandan Secondary Schools for five
• One student of Diploma in Education and Three of Master of Arts Educational
Management at Kabale University
The Role of the African University in its Development: A Paper Presented at the East
African Quality Assurance Network Conference in May 2019.
• Information and Communication Technology as a Tool in Student Learning in Uganda
Institutions of Higher Learning: A paper presented to the National Council for Higher
Education (NCHE) Conference at the Annual Exhibition at Uganda Manufacturers’
Association Show Grounds in Lugogo, Kampala in March 2019.
• The Status of Mentoring and Supervision at Kabale University:A Paper presented to the
Kabale School of Medicine(KABSOM) Symposium at Kabale Universityin January
• The Role of the Guild and Students’ Union in University Management in May
2018:Apaper presented at the Induction of the New Guild and Sports Union of Kabale
University at Hill Top Hotel, Kabale Municipality.
• The Preliminary Pages of a Research Report in July 2018:A Paper presented to students
of Department of Library and Information Science at Kabale University.
• Information and Communication Technology in Ugandan Higher Education: A paper
presented to the East African Quality Assurance Network Conference in May 2017 at
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
• Effective Teaching Methods, Strategies and Styles: A Paper presented to Rukara College
of Education –Rwanda students preparing for Internship (2010).
• Quality Assurance in Higher Education: A paper presented to teaching and non-teaching
staff at Kabale University (2013).
• General and Professional Code of Conduct for Administrative Staff: A paper presented
to Administrative Assistants, Secretaries and Accounts Assistants of Kabale University
• The Role of Course and Programme Coordinators in Quality Assurance in a University:
A paper presented to course and programme coordinators of Kabale University (2014).
• Online, Open and Distance Learning in Higher Education: A poster presented to the
East African Quality Assurance Network Conference in May 2016 at Entebbe, Uganda.
• Facilitated the Peer Review of the Diploma in Electrical Engineering at the Faculty of
Engineering at Kabale by the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) in
• Facilitated training of the Faculty Quality Assurance Committees of Kabale University in
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP
• A member of the Teso College Aloet Alumni Association(TCAA)
• A member of the Uganda Universities’ Quality Assurance Forum(UUQAF)
• A member of the East African Quality Assurance Network(EAQAN)
• An examiner of English Language Paper Two with the Uganda National Examinations
Board(UNEB) for over ten years
• An examination item writer of English Language Paper Two with the Uganda National
Examinations Board(UNEB) for close to ten years
• Member of the of the Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee (2018 to date)
• The Vice Chairperson of the Kabale University Senior Administrative Staff
Association(KUASA)-(2015 to date)
• Member of the Kabale University Ceremonies’ Committee(2015 to date)
• Member of the Kabale University Examinations’ Malpractice Committee(2015 to date)
• A member of the University Senate
• A member of the Dean’s Committee
• A member of the University Management Committee
• Listening to gospel music
• Reading Christian and academic literature
• Visiting new places
• Making friends
• Listening to favorite radio programmes