Dr. Okello is a plant scientist, phytomedicine research scientist, plant tissue culture adept and an Educationist. Dr. Okello holds a doctorate degree (Ph.D) in Korean Convergence Medicine Major from the University of Science and Technology, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine School, South Korea; a master degree in plant Science, Makerere University and Bachelor of Science degree in Education from Mbarara University of Science and Technology. He has done much research work and publications in areas of medicinal plants that include: micro-propagation/ in vitro propagation, biochemical studies, seed priming and elicitation effects on medicinal plants.
Ph.D in Korean Convergence Medicine, University of Science and Technology-South Korea; Master of Science in Botany (MSc. Bot.), Mak; Bachelor of Science with Education (BSc. Educ.), MUST.
Areas of plant science and phytomedicine including: micro-propagation/ in vitro propagation, biochemical evaluation, seed priming and elicitation effects on medicinal plants.
- “NEW TECHNOLOGIES FOR CONSERVATION OF MEDICINAL PLANTS” Celebration of 20th African Tradtional Medicine Day; Scientific Research in Herbal Sector. Symposium organized by Ministry of Health (NCRI) at Hotel Africana, Kampala, 26th Oct. 2022.
- “Antioxidant Activity, Polyphenolic Content, and FT-NIR Analysis of Different Aspilia africana Medicinal Plant Tissues”. Natural Product Research Network for Eastern and Central Africa (NAPRECA)-Uganda Chapter Conference, 2022. Makerere University, 30th Sept. 2022.
- “Ethnopharmacological Potentials of Warburgia ugandensis and Aspilia africana the treatment of malaria, a deadly tropical disease”. KIOM–SAR Conference 2020. Seoul, Korea September 10-12, 2020. (Published in Integrative Medicine Research. Volume 9, 00557.
- “Techniques for Micropropagation of medicinal plants”. The Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry, 2020 International Symposium and Annual meeting of the KSABC, August 20-21st, 2020.
- “Botanical aspects, phytochemical contents and pharmacological activities of Warburgia ugandensis”. The Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry, 2019 International Symposium and Annual meeting of the KSABC,June 20-22nd, 2019.