Dr. Bamuhiiga Bazirake Bernard PhD (JKUL) is a professional Librarian. He is current Kabale University Librarian and member of University Top Management Team. He has served in various places and positions all in high Institutions of Learning, Information, Training and Research. He holds a PhD in Library and Information Science of Johannes Kepla University Linz (JKUL), Austria under the topic of study “Information for Development, networking and resource sharing” (2000), Masters of Science in Information Science (Msc.Isc) of Addis Ababa University (1992), Post graduate Diploma Library and Information Science (PGLIS) of Makerere University (1989), Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences (BA ss) and Diploma in Librarianship (DIPLIB) of Makerere University (1981).
Bamuhiiga is an accomplished public servant that relates with Supervisors, Colleagues and subordinates harmoniously, a hardworking person, responsible, reliable and results oriented. Prior to becoming Kabale University Librarian, Bamuhiiga worked at Kampala International University (KIU) Western Campus as University Librarian (2016-2017). He worked at Kyambogo University as University Librarian (2010-2015). He worked at East African School of Library and Information Science (EASLIS), Makerere University as Lecturer (2008-2010). He worked at The African Institute for Capacity Development (AICAD) Nairobi Kenya as Director of Information, Networking and Documentation (IN&D) (2003-2008). He worked at Makerere University in the University Library Services (1981-2003) where he rose in ranks and headed several Units, Sections and Branches (Center for Continuing Education (CCE) Branch Library, Albert Cook the Medical School Branch Library, Periodical Section, and Library Information Communication Technology (ICT) Section where he exited at the rank of Senior Systems Librarian.
In the weak of Library and Information Services Automation and Digitization, Bamuhiiga served as National Trainer of Sids ISIS (now WINISIS) the United States initiated software to help low Developed Countries Automate Library Services. He trained for International Network for Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP) in East African Region at the beginning of online resources access. He spear headed and automation Makerere University Library Services (MakLIBIS) and the online resources access systems. He founded The Consortium of Uganda University Libraries (CUUL) the umbrella organization under which Universities, other degree awarding and Research Institutions have combined efforts pulling resources together to purchase online resources that are commonly accessed.
- Phd (Information for Development, Networking and Resource Sharing), Johannes Kepler University Linz (JKUL), Austria. (2000)
- Master of Science in Information Science, School of Information Studies for Africa (SISA), Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia. (1992)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Librarianship, Makerere University. (1989)
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences, Makerere University. (1988)
- Diploma in Librarianship, Makerere University. (1981)
OTHER TRAINING COURSE ATTENDED
- UNESCO IIP National Focal Point Uganda Project: Sensitization and
- Training in Informatics, Institute of Computer Science, Makerere University
- CDS/ISIS Training of Trainers Course, Bonn Germany, by DSE and UNESCO
- CDS/ISIS Advanced Training of Trainers Course in Advanced Features of ISIS and Applications in Networking Environment, UNEP Nairobi Kenya, by DSE, UNESCO
- Computer-Based Agriculture Information Management Course, International Livestock Center for Africa (ILCA), Addis Ababa Ethiopia by CTA and ICRAF
- Impact of the Electronic Mail (e-mail) on Development in Africa; an Evaluation Course, by IDRC/PADIS, UNECA Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Training Course on the Use of CD-ROM Technology and the TREE CD Database, Pretoria, South Africa by the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) in Indonesia and CABI
- Impact of Electronic Mail (e-mail) on Development in Africa; an Evaluation Course, by IDRC/PADIS, UNECA Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- National Programme for Training Information Analysts, by Institutes of Computer Science Makerere University, University of Nairobi Management and Training Services Division and Commonwealth Secretariat at the Institute of Computer Science Makerere University
- Training Course for Information Systems Management Personnel of Science and Technology Institutes in Africa, by African Regional Center for Technology (ARCT), School of Information Studies for Africa (SISA) Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
- Security of Europe and Human Rights after the 2nd World War Course, Summer School of the University of Vienna, Strobl Salsburg
- Networking Management Training Course, by US Agency for International Development (USAID), Leland Initiative and Makerere University
- Information Collection and Dissemination Management (ICDM), Open Source Software (OSS) Development and management, Management Information System (MIS) and Geographical Information System (GIS), Waseda University Tokyo, Japan.
- Information and Knowledge management: Capacity building course by Africa e-Development, Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi, Kenya
- Data Base Management, EASLIS Makerere University, Kampala
- Library Automation based on KOHA Library Management System, EASLIS, Makerere University
- Copyright Management, EASLIS Makerere University
- Realignment of LIS to meet the emerging challenges, EASLIS Makerere University
- PhD supervision and mentorship course, Hotel Africana Kampala
- Copyright law reform & promote creative commons initiatives among University Libraries in Uganda, International Health Sciences University (IHSU) Kampala
- Training of Quality Assurance Personnel for better services Delivery in Ugandan Higher education Institutions
- Statistics for advocacy, University Library Makerere University
- Electronic Library Resources: AGORA and TEEAL programmes, Kyambogo University
- Electronic Records Management, Imperial Resort Beach Entebbe
- Interdisciplinary Grant Research Proposal Writing and Management, by DIESNMT_UGANDA 2018 curtsy of DAD Nairobi, Paradise Hotel, Jinja