David Array Biganja (MBA-Mak, ACCA, CPA) is the University Bursar. He has a Master’s in Business Administration from Makerere University, a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Dara es salaam and is a holder of ACCA (UK) and CPA (Uganda). Before joining Kabale University, CPA Biganja had served as the University Bursar of Kyambogo University from 2003-2010. Before then, he served as an Institute Bursar of Institute of Teacher Education at Kyambogo. He had also previously served as a Senior Administrative Assistant (Accounts) at Makerere University (1992-1996). He therefore has a wealth of experience in managing public finances.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and formulates strategic financial plans and budgets for the University outlining projected revenue sources, expenditure and measures to be taken to control costs.
- Coordinates and supports the preparation, consolidation of University budgets and work plans and monitoring their implementation.
- Oversees management of income, expenditure and stores of the University.
- Directs the preparation and submits monthly, quarterly, annual and final financial reports in accordance with the law and University policies or as required by Management or Council.
- Develops and institutes accounting, accountability and risk management systems for resources and assets of the University in accordance with University policy, regulations and the law.
- Promotes and enforces adherence to financial policy, regulatory framework including standards of professional practice.
- Supports the conduct of audits and prepares timely responses to audit queries and mandatory inquiries whenever necessary.
- Provides technical support and guidance to Top Management and Council on financial matters including policy proposals, funding priorities, investment, resource mobilisation and improvements to financial management systems.
- Coordinates the disbursement and accountability for University funds including Donor funds.
- Prepares revenue forecasts and initiates investment and resource mobilization strategies.
- Effects the timely payment for goods and services.
- Oversees the proper management of the Assets Register.
- Sets performance targets, supervises and appraises staff of the Office.