Mr. Barigye is a highly experienced tax specialist / economist. In nearly 3 decades, he has worked as an auditor, tax consultant, examiner, and revenue officer at varying levels. He has worked in both the private and public sector and so he brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Directorate of Internal Audit.
Prior to this position, Mr. Barigye was a Manager, Internal Audit at Makerere University since June 2011. Overall, he has over 27 years of working experience; serving in both internal and external audit dealing with a wide range of clients in accounting, internal and external audit, tax and consultancy assignments.
Mr. Barigye gained experience from Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) where he worked for five years. He then moved to Deloitte & Touche (an International Audit firm) as Senior Tax Consultant until June 2002 when he joined Mungereza & Kariisa as a Supervisor. Mr. Barigye was later promoted to a level of Audit and Tax Manager. And in June 2004, he joined Makerere University until December, 2022.
Member Institute of Internal Auditors-2016,
Master of Arts Economic Policy and Planning – MAK, 1996,
Bachelor of Science in Economics (Upper Second) – MAK, 1992
- “Management of Project Finances” paper presented to the College of Health Sciences, 2nd December, 2021
- Budgeting and Budgetary Controls” paper presentated to ICPAU Education seminar on 13th March, 2019
- “Audit functions in the University” to induction workshop of Principals, Deputy Principals, Deans and Heads of Departments of Makerere University on 31st October, 2017
- “Internal Audit guidelines and procedures at Makerere University” to a stakeholders workshop of Makerere University on 16th June, 2017
- “Audit reporting and communication” to Internal audit staff workshop on 7th June, 2017
- “Starting and Risk and Compliance Unit at Makerere University” to University Management on 10th April, 2017
- “Major internal audit findings from NORHED project, on “improving weather information management in East Africa for effective service provision through the application of sustainable – ICTS” (UWIMEA-ICT) on 5th November, 2014 to the NORHED assessment team.
- “Internal control systems and the role of internal audit in ethics and accountability process”, to PIs and College Management of the College of Computing and Information Science (CoCIS) on 13th October, 2011.
- “Corporation Tax Computation” to the Association of Accounting Technicians in Uganda (AATU) in October, 2009.
- “Taxation of property Income” on 13 March 2009, to Association of Accounting Technicians in Uganda (AATU)
- ”Income Tax Returns and Assessments” on 12 April 2000, to the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU).
- Taxation of Employment income and withholding tax” on 11 May 2007 to the Association of Accounting Technicians in Uganda (AATU)”.