- Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance & Administration)
- firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
- +256 757 206826
- MSc Management & Information Systems (Nottingham Trent University UK), B.A Human Resource & Business Administration (Nottingham University UK)
- | Google Scholar
Mrs. Anny Katabaazi-Bwengye (MSc-Nottingham Trent University) is a seasoned University Administrator with over 24 years working experience both in the United Kingdom and Uganda. She is the Deputy Vice Chancellor in charge of Finance and Administration at Kabale University. She has an MSc in Management & Information Systems from Nottingham Trent University (UK) and a BA (Hons) Human Resource & Business Administration – Nottingham University (UK).
She has held a number of leadership and management positions that have entailed the simultaneous oversight of several departments/functions. She understands the relevant policies and legal framework for financial management, budgeting, resource mobilization, and strategic management for higher education in Uganda.
Until March 31 2020, she was the Head of Human Resource & Operations at Queensworth Investments SMC Limited. She is also a Managing Partner for Facilities Consult Ltd (Consultancy Firm) from 2015 to date. She was Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance & Administration) from 1st April 2014 to 31st March 2018 and before then she served as Acting Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance & Administration) – May 2013 to 31st March 2014 both at Uganda Christian University. She also served as Manager and then Director of Human Resource & Administration from 2009 to March 2013 at Uganda Christian University. She was the Operations Director at Nottingham University from Feb 2004 to April 2009 and the Human Resource Manager, Nottingham University from 2000 to Jan 2004. From 1997 to 1999, She was the Human Resource Administrator at Nottingham Trent University.
Mrs Katabaazi-Bwengye has been also engaged in other activities including being a programme assessor for the National Council of Higher Education. She has also participated in writing & presenting training modules for NCHE and has presented several papers at international conferences on issues pertaining to higher education management. She has undertaken several HR related consultancies in both Uganda & the United Kingdom. She has also supervised several Masters’ students to successful completion. Mrs. Katabaazi-Bwengye has served on a number of boards and committees including the Audit Committee – Secretary, Finance Board – Secretary, Student Affairs’ Board – Secretary, Appointments & Staff Welfare Board – Secretary, Planning & Development Board – Secretary, University Council – Secretary, Procurement Committee – Secretary, Quality Assurance Committee – Co- Chair, Staff Tribunal – Chair, Chartered Institute of Personnel Development – Fellow Member, Association of Commonwealth Universities – Co- Chair. She desires to effectively support and meet/exceed expectations of University’s core client the student with functional structures and systems/processes. In all, the division of Finance & Administration will be student centered in all activities and processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advises and guides the preparation and implementation of the University’s recurrent and development budgets.
- Oversees development, roll out and review of the University’s Strategic Plan, investment portfolios and operational plans.
- Oversees the development and implementation of a policy framework for the use and management of the University’s fiscal and human resources and other assets in accordance with approved regulations.
- Monitors income, banking and expenditure of all income generating units for compliance with the University’s approved policy, plans, budgets and regulations.
- Oversees the production of performance reports on finance and administration by all academic and administrative units of the University.
- Monitors the development and implementation of staff development programs.
- Monitors acquisition, utilization and disposal of University assets and management of the Assets Register.
- Oversees the mobilization of resources for various activities of the University.
- Oversees the management of security at the University.
- Master of Science in Management & Information Systems, Nottingham Trent University UK
- BA (Hons) Human Resource & Business Administration, Nottingham University (UK)