Kabale University seeks applications for the position of Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Finance & Administration (Re-advertised).
NOTE: THOSE WHO APPLIED EARLIER NEED NOT APPLY AGAIN
||DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR, FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
||Tenure – 5 Year Contract
||University Secretary, University Bursar,
||Kabale University, Kikungiri Campus, Kabale Municipality
|PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure efficient and sound financial management, planning, prudent investment and administration of the University.
|KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
|In line with the relevant laws, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Finance & Administration shall be the Second Deputy Vice-Chancellor and shall:
- Assist the Vice-Chancellor in the performance of his or her functions and in that regard shall oversee the Finances and Administration of the University.
- Be responsible for the planning and development of the University.
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of the University’s recurrent and development budgets.
- Oversee development, roll out and review of the University’s Strategic Plan, investment portfolios and operational plans.
- Oversee the development and implementation of policy framework for the use and management of the University’s fiscal and human resources and other assets in accordance with approved regulations.
- Oversee the preparation of budgets, including research budgets, for all Faculties, Schools, and Institutes, Colleges or other academic bodies.
- Monitor income, banking and expenditure of all income generating units for compliance with the University’s approved policy, plans, budgets and regulations.
- Oversee the production of performance reports on finance and administration by all academic and administrative units of the University.
- Monitor the development and implementation of staff development programs.
- Establish systems for the mobilization and utilization of resources for various activities of the University.
- Contribute to the promotion of partnerships and networking for the growth and development of the University.
- Timely preparation, implementation and reporting on the University’s budgets.
- Viable strategic and operational plans and investment portfolios developed and implemented.
- Budgets for all Faculties, Schools, and Institutes, Colleges or other academic bodies developed.
- Systems for resource mobilization established.
- Annual reports produced.
- Policy framework for proper management of the University’s fiscal and human resources and other assets developed and implemented.
- Compliance of all University Units with legal and financial policies.
- Reporting on financial performance by all University units done.
- Development and implementation of staff development programs monitored.
- Staff performance monitored and appraised.
- Acquisition, utilization and disposal of assets and management of the Assets Register monitored.
|Academic Qualifications, Experience, skills & Competencies:
- Should have a PhD from a recognized University/Institution
- Should have at least ten (10) years of proven experience in management, leadership and administration, three (3) of which should have been at a senior level from a reputable Institution.
- Should have good knowledge and skills of financial management and resource mobilization.
- Should have knowledge and experience in strategic planning and budgeting, policy making and implementation in higher education.
- Have an understanding of the relevant policy and legal framework for financial management for higher education in Uganda.
- Should have good communication, negotiation and people skills.
- Be aged at least 40 years at the time of application.
|MODE OF APPLICATION
|Electronic (email) OR hardcopy applications shall be accepted. Candidates should send:
1. Hardcopy: by courier, a sealed application pack containing six copies of the following:
- Signed application letter.
- Detailed up-to-date CV including working contact details.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates, national identity card or bio-data page of their passport.
- Names and contact details of three referees who should be advised to send confidential references directly to the Search Committee address below. The references should cover the following areas; the candidate’s academic credentials, experience, leadership, managerial and administrative skills and personal integrity.
- Envelope should be clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF DVC FA”.
2. Electronic applications should have all the above documents scanned and emailed with the subject clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF DVC FA”.
3. Applications SHOULD reach the addressee below by 5:00 p.m. on 11th November 2019.
Secretary to the Search Committee,
Kabale University, Kikungiri Campus,
Plot 364 Kikungiri Hill,
Inquiries can be made through the above email indicating subject as “INQUIRY” or by phone +256 772 485 496 during working hours.
4. Shortlisted applicants SHALL be contacted in person.
Kabale University is an Equal Opportunities Employer.