Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Kabale University is fully recognized by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) to conduct lectures for students preparing for CPA Examinations.
ICPAU is the only body authorised by law in Uganda to give certification for Professional Accountancy Practice in Uganda. This means that any person holding professional accountancy qualifications other than that given by ICPAU will still need to apply to and be certified by ICPAU before practicing accountancy in Uganda.
Chargeable fees shall be the following per each student to sit for an exam shall be the following per paper. This is directly paid to ICPA account;
- Registration fees Shs 130,000
- Annual Renewal fees: Shs 100,000
- Level one – Ugx 85,000 per paper
- Level Two – Ugx 95,000 per paper
- Level Three – Ugx 100,000 per paper
- Level Four – Ugx 305,000 whole level
- Exemptions – For freshers only – Ugx 85,000 per paper for only papers exempted at level one. Exemptions are at level one only.
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda has the right to vary fees from time to time.