The Faculty of Computing, Library and Information Science, Kabale University was established on 1st July 2017. It is made up of two departments namely: department of Computer Science and Information Technology, and Department of Library and Information Science. The formation of the Faculty of Computing, Library and Information Science is based on the criteria of relatedness, compatibility and interdisciplinary capacity to form a viable Faculty. FOCLIS is committed to delivering excellent services in the area of Computing, Library, Records and Information Sciences and attracts both local and international students.
An inspirational centre for Computing, Library and Information Science in East Africa and beyond.
To educate professionals in Computing, Library and Information science at all levels and cultivate academic and professional development areas.
- Service:-We strive to provide excellent service by being of Quality, consistent, transparent, and accessible to all.
- Innovation: We encourage creative and critical thinking in the development of technology services and solutions.
- Collaboration: We are dedicated to a constructive, team-oriented environment, gathering varied perspectives, sharing knowledge, and building effective partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Bachelor of Records and Information Management
- Diploma in Records Management
- Diploma in Library and Information Science
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Medical Records Management
On behalf of the Faculty staff at the Faculty and on my behalf, I am happy to welcome you to the faculty of Computing, Library and Information Science. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our students can achieve their highest potential.
The faculty offers rigorous International standards of instruction and problem solving and research supported by excellent computing and Library facilities, globally exposed and highly qualified staff with International exposure and connections for collaboration. This enables the faculty to produce internationally sought after professionals. In many areas of computing and Library science, our graduates favorably compete in an ever technologically and economically changing world.
We are committed to sustained growth through building strong Public, Private and academic partnerships. We recognize that the success of our students thrives on a strong support partnership between home and the Institution. As partners, we share the responsibility for our students’ success with the parents and certainly we provide both quality education and highly qualified personnel are available to drive the process.
Students are expected to meet their obligations by attending lectures, doing assignments, tests and examinations in time, stay focus and keeping themselves safe, well knowing that breach of the University statutes shall attract due penalties.
We look forward to having join this family as you keep knowing what brought you as your first priority.
|Dr. Businge Phelix Mbabazi||Faculty Dean
|Ph.D. (Management Information Systems),Masters IS,Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering||CV|
|Natukunda Deus||Office Assistant||DIP.Envir. Sc. (KAB), Certi. Principle of Tropical Agric Stage 1&2.|
- To develop manpower in the Computing and Library science field both at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level
- To produce graduates and Entrepreneurs graduate in the computing field who can compete locally and internationally
- To harness acquired ICT knowledge through research, scientific and technological innovations and undertake technology transfer to end users
- To foster linkages with industry, institutions and other stakeholders for enhanced and sustainable livelihoods
- To participate in consultancy, creation, incubation, transmission, preservation and embrace property rights policy
Faculty of Computing Library & Information Science has the following departments;
The faculty research areas are in the following Themes
- Artificial Intelligence
- Information Security
- Data Science
- Network and Data communication
Teaching Time Table CS & IT (FOCLIS)
1 file(s) 24 downloads
|Faculty of Computing Library & Information Science||February 6, 2020||Download|
Activity Plan Jan-July 2020
1 file(s) 117 downloads
|Faculty of Computing Library & Information Science||January 15, 2020||Download|
Email : DeanFoclis@kab.ac.ug
Phone : +256 782 823 607