One of the major requirements of a University in the 21st Century is to implement postgraduate education as a key contribution to the development of higher education in national, regional and international development. This fundamental call motivated the introduction of a Directorate of postgraduate training at Kabale University with a major role of enhancing the quality of graduate education through promoting graduate studies, student research supervision, improving mentorship of graduate students and supervisors, and coordinating graduate studies across the university. The directorate of postgraduate training, therefore, fosters excellence in graduate studies. Research by providing leadership and administrative support guided by the principles of quality, diversity and integrity.
Kabale University Directorate of Postgraduate Training works with academic units to promote excellence in graduate studies for national, regional and international recognition. The function of the Directorate of Postgraduate Training therefore is to:
- Provide guidance to academic units on curriculum development and review for postgraduate courses and programmes.
- Develop a robust and internationally competitive postgraduate training framework.
- Initiate and operationalize effective strategies for increasing student enrolment in postgraduate education.
- Provide guidelines and standards on the supervision of postgraduate research students.
- Provide institutional leadership in Postgraduate Training in line with the existing policy guidelines.
- Conduct postgraduate board meetings and provide guidance and direction on postgraduate training matters.
- Provide guidance, advise to Senate on postgraduate training matters.
- Receive and scrutinize postgraduate student research outputs and advise where necessary.
- Liase with external examiners of postgraduate research outputs and making collaborations with world-class universities in a bid to develop postgraduate education and training at Kabale University.
Contact the Directorate
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +256 772 356 434