Workshop with Faculty Quality Assurance CommitteesCollins Mann
On Wednesday, 30th Jan 2019, the Quality Assurance Unit organized a one-day training workshop for the newly inaugurated Faculty QA Committees. The committees were drawn from the seven faculties of the university but each faculty sent at least a member from each department so that there is equal representation.
Terms of Reference for the Committees
- Monitor the teaching and learning at the University
- Suggest appropriate room allocation to classes as situations dictate
- Ensure students study in a conducive environment (emotionally and physically)
- Attend to students’ and other stakeholders’ complaints relating to service delivery of any nature at the University.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Directorate in the conduct of course and lecturer evaluation at the end of every semester.
- Conduct staff and student training relating to enhancing the quality culture of the University.
- Assist academic departments in preparing academic programmes for submission to National Council for Higher Education for accreditation.
- Ensure that records of all documents such as the lecture record forms,students’ marks,course outlines etc are properly kept in the faculties.
- Carry out any other activity that promotes quality assurance at the University
Presenters during the workshop included:
- Senior Assistant Academic Registrar(Admissions)on the topic of Quality Assurance in University Admissions.
- Senior Assistant Academic Registrar(Examinations) on the topic of Quality Assurance in University Examinations.
- Dean of Students on the topic:Quality of Student Support at Kabale University.
- Quality Assurance Office on the topic:The Concept of Quality Assurance in Higher Education.