The Office of Human Resources exists to serve the University and staff in the development, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive personnel, training and employment relations system. Through consultation and information dissemination, The HRM office assists the University to anticipate and meet the human resources demands in line with the Human Resource policy and consistent with the University strategic plan.
The Human Resource Department at Kabale University is headed by the Assistant Director Human Resource Mr. Emmanuel Arinaitwe Habarwasha. He holds a Master’s Degree in Public Administration and Management (Kabale University), Postgraduate diploma in Human Resource Management (UCU), Certificate in Administrative Law (LDC), Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration (National University of Rwanda).
With over 15 years of experience in Administration and Human Resource Management, Mr. Emmanuel is a great team player, produces results with minimum or no supervision, approachable and compassionate, flexible and eager to learn from others. He is highly effective at incorporating creative leadership skills to achieve business objectives and trustworthy with high moral character and integrity.
The Assistant Human Resource Manager performs the following duties at Kabale University;
- Provides professional human resource management advice and guidance to Management and other decision-making organs of the University.
- Initiates, develops, implements and reviews human resource management policies, manual, plans, strategies, guidelines, rules and regulations.
- Coordinates performance management within the University.
- prepares annual work plans and budgets for the Department of Human Resource Management.
- Directs the administration of emoluments, benefits and work-related compensation as stipulated by University policies or the law.
- Coordinates the determination of staffing training needs assessment and development of staff capacity building strategies and plans in liaison with the various academic and administrative units.
- Directs the development of University staff forecasts, recruitment and exit plans for the medium and long term.
- Plans, manages and assesses the performance of staff in the Department of Human Resource Management.
- Provides technical support to Faculties and Departments and staff on the interpretation and application of human resource policies.
- Manages and provides technical support for recruitment, appointment, confirmation, exit and discipline of staff in university service and communicates other human resource management matters.
- Develops and supports implementation of strategies and mechanisms for the management of industrial relations within the University.
- Oversees the proper management of employee and other manual records within the University.
- Develops, implements and reviews staff welfare policies.
- Monitors the application of the human resource management information system.