BACKGROUND OF THE MUKOMBE LIBRARY
Mukombe library came into force with the start of Kabale University in 2002.Kabale University Library is officially known as Mukombe Library .The Library was named after the late Mr. Mikaili Mugambagye Mukombe. This was after the University authorities accepted the offer of Mukombe family to renovate the building to house the Library and name it after him. The late Mukombe was one of the famous Saza Chiefs of Kigezi in colonial times. Mukombe library, Kabale University is a nerve centre of all academic activities in the University .It provides a wide range of information resources and facilities .The library consists of two blocks: Mukombe Library and Mukombe Library store. The Main Library houses the Librarian’s Office, Reception (Issue desk), library stock in shelves, some computers for E-Resources & E- Books access and reading space.
The Library consists of the following sections:
- Reference and Circulation section
- Technical service section
- Periodicals and ICT service section
- Reading space.
The library offers the following services
- Reference and Information Services
- Internet and E-Resource Services
- Patron Administration services
- Circulation services
- Current awareness services (CAS)
- Selective dissemination of information (SDI)
- User education
- Information Retrieval and Dissemination Services